Wednesday, March 2, 2016

A Purpose Bigger Than Ourselves

Early in our marriage we learned that Josh doesn't have sperm. Zero, zilch! The urologist said there's no surgery or meds, or hope of a child with his dna. Our world, and everything we thought we knew about our lives together was gone.  We both were devastated. Since I can remember I've wanted to be a mother. My maternal grandmother had 13 children, my paternal grandmother had 9, and my own mother had 7!! Family reunions, wedding and baby showers are basically what we lived for;) It was hard news to hear but then through friends, family, each other and relying heavily on the Lord we learned our life was never meant to be this way. Our purpose was much bigger than what we imagined for ourselves. Maybe you can relate?


Just because our life hasn't turned out the way we planned, doesn't mean it wasn't meant to be. We believe that our children were always meant to be brought to us through adoption. I don't know why this was the plan for us but I do know it's right. I don't believe in coincidences. I know, now, what I live for:)

This picture was taken the day we met Stephanie for the first time;) It was a couple months before she delivered. We both wanted it to be open and to start building this relationship. To be a fly on the wall the day we got that call.... One of our best days for sure!




No comments: